Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Feeling grateful.

On Sunday I woke up stretched and almost feel over at the staggering pain from my neck. I quickly found that if I held my head perfectly still in the one "neck approved"  position it was only slightly uncomfortable. However any movement and I was screaming in pain. After discovering I couldn't wash my hair or get dressed with out help I called my manager and let her know I would not make it to work that day.


After that I called my mom to come drive me to a Redicare and see what I had done to my neck. We spent two hours in the waiting room watching three children cause havoc. My mom leaned over and whispered that as a child I would have been horrified to see other children acting like that and that she never would have let me get away with it. Good to know I was a well trained kid I guess.  They took some X-rays and told me I had torticollis which is where your neck muscles cause your head to tilt and it is very painful to be in any other position than the tilted one. I honestly had not noticed that I was holding my head at a different angle than normal until he pointed it out. It supposedly can happen randomly and other than being painful isn't that serious. The Dr prescribed muscle relaxers and a few days rest.



The second day I was very worried I was sleeping a ton because apparently the pills just knocked me out but when I was awake I would feel loopy but still in pain. I woke up today with a lingering stiffness but I can now mostly move my neck. Some positions are still pretty painful and it gets worse if I forget to take my pills but I can really tell it is improving.


I was feeling lucky that my dogs are willing to be so flexible for me. Normally I get up between 6am-9am every morning, The past few days I have gotten up between 11am-2pm. Because even walking would cause my neck to hurt I haven't walked them or really done anything other than cuddle them for the past three days. Sadie is loving the naps and cuddles but it really isn't Simon's thing. He would much rather be off on an adventure or playing or anything active but he has been very good and hasn't even tried to destroy the house.


A lot of husky people would tell you that having a year old husky that is used to a fair amount of exercise and mental stimulation every day and asking him to be a couch potato for a long weekend is almost impossible. Thankfully Simon is not most huskies and is being a good nanny. I know that as soon as I feel up to it our first walk or training secession is going to be full of husky energy but for now they are both being fantastic and I couldn't ask for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment