Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Sadie's 7th Birthday & Simon's 3rd


Sadie born 10/10/09
Simon born 11/05/13

Both Sadie and Simons birthdays have passed but I forgot to write about them.
I have been really busy focusing on school. The dogs still got spoiled for their birthdays but I didn't have time to write about it. After that it was winter break and I was busy with family and holiday plans.

However breaks are good and I figured I could share the birthday pictures of the dogs. I was lucky enough to get to see Sadie on her birthday and spend the weekend before it with her. She is doing great the only big issue we have had is with Simon and me gone she isn't getting as much exercise so when I first left she got a little chunky. When I got back and noticed I made sure Nik upped her exercise and put her on a diet. It has been about a month and a half and now she is almost looking as good as she did when I left. This is really important to me as she is 7 years old now and keeping her well muscled and at a healthy weight will help protect her joints and back from injury. There is only so much you can do to control how likely your dog is to have joint issues but we are doing everything we can to tip the odds in her favor.





 Overall I think Sadie is doing awesome. She has a ton of energy her teeth look amazing and people who don't know her find it hard to believe she is already 7 years old. Granted it might be a little easier for them right now  with how cold it is she is being pretty lazy and not wanting to go outside. However with the temp getting into the negatives a lot this winter you can't really blame her.






Simon turned 3 years old this November and that is still weird to me. I remember the day we picked him up and I still think of him as my little guy. The fact that he is an adult now is kind of crazy to me. He is doing a good job overall with living in a small place and I love how it forces me to get out more than I would if I didn't have him. Also with it just being the two of us we play together more than we did when he had Sadie to play with. Here are some pictures from Simon's birthday after we took a long walk.






Currently we are back home for winter break. Simon and Sadie are very happy to get to play together again.


1 comment: