Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

An open letter

To the person who called me a crazy dog lady,
Yes I heard you say that as we were walking back in after the fire alarm tonight. From the mocking tone I can tell how you meant it. But your right maybe more than you know.  I am a crazy dog lady in that I have a dog who is documented as my emotional support animal to help me deal with mental health issues. Is your issue with those of us who are suffering from mental illness but are doing our best to still get up and be productive and contributing members of society? Maybe we need some help from medications or some sort of  support system. And yes my support system includes my dog. Maybe your issue was that on waking up to the smoke alarm I not only slipped on shoes and grabbed my keys but I also brought my dog. My dog does a lot for me the least I can do is make sure he is safe and doesn't have to listen to the alarm that my ears find painful.
Something about this situation made you feel like we deserved to be mocked.  Well like I said you are right I am the crazy dog lady.
Thanks for reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment