Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Taste of Fall.

How To....
Fall Pumpkin ice cream treat.



I know this is a little more of a summer treat but Sadie still loves it even with the weather getting colder.

What you will need.

1 cup of Plain yogurt

1 cup of Canned pumpkin

And I like to add some parsley. (I was out for this one but I normally add just a little bit of  it.)


Now I have a cookie sheet designed for this so I like to use it but before I had the cookie sheet I used small paper cups because you can just destroy the cup to get the treat out. For this I will use both I can show how its done. Also I normally have a little to much for the cookie sheet anyway.


In a medium sized bowl mix the pumpkin yogurt and parsley until they are well mixed.

 

 I then put the mixture into a sandwich bag and cut off a corner to make it easy to fill the cookie sheet and less messy.


After that fill the cookie sheet and the paper cups I place them in the freezer until solid.
 

I really love the cookie sheet they pop out super easily once frozen and I have not had any issues with them sticking.


Sadie is a wonderful helper always keeping her eyes on me willing to help out with any spills and is always happy to lick the bowl.





Please note all dishes are washed in the dishwasher after being pre-cleaned by  Sadie. Don't mention it to her she loves being a kitchen helper.


 

 After they are frozen solid I place all the pumpkin bones in a sandwich bag and store them in the freezer. They last for a few months in the freezer. Sadie loves them I tend to make them more when it's hot out but I wanted to make a fall themed treat.





Size compared to Sadie's foot. 

Taste test.
I think she likes them!
Nom nom nom.



*A fun fact. Pumpkin has been found to help with constipation and diarrhea in dogs so I always keep a few cans on hand and if Sadie acts a little sick I will try adding that and leaving out some of her food. If it doesn't clear her up or she gets worse we go to the vet. But Sadie has always had a rough time with bathroom habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment