Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weekend at an agility trial.


A few weekends ago the Upper Snake River Valley Dog Training Club put on an agility trail. I volunteered to go help run it as an excuse to get to watch some fantastic handlers and learn more about this wonderful sport. I had a blast. It was great fun and it was wonderful to see all my dog friends and watch them do so well.



On the second day I brought Simon with so that he could have the trial experience without the added pressure of actually competing. He really enjoyed the experience but I am glad we took him for the trail run. He broke out of our x-pen thankfully just walked over to where I was and asked for a nacho. He also had a hard time focusing so I worked on some basic obedience with him while there to help improve his ability to handle distractions.



Over all it was a great way to spend a weekend and I can't wait till we can actually get into the ring.


No comments:

Post a Comment