Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Stress and a new idea.



This week has been really stressful. Last week I got injured, hurt my wrist and it's still recovering.  Also I work in customer service and we are launching a new product next week. In anticipation work is extending our hours. It was really stressing me out.


This last week I did something that helped. I had the good fortune of getting to know a shelter dog over the past week and helping him always made me smile. It really put life into perspective. I have a nice bed to sleep on I have people that love me. But for one walk every day I could make someone else happy. I could throw a ball and walk a dog for an hour and he was so happy to see me. His owner came and claimed him after five days but I still remember how it felt to just devote yourself to making someone happy. And it felt really good. I will admit that almost every time  I went to the shelter I end up crying.  I am going to make it a goal to walk Sadie more and to not worry about the training but just appreciate the time with her just the two of us. Also I am going try and help the shelter out on my days off volunteer and walk a few dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment